Thursday, January 29, 2015

Well the blizzard of the century did not hit us....we spent the day waiting, watching, and in the end there was pretty much nothing. As we linger in the final days of January I begin to dream of spring. The snow will slowly creep away and reveal the anxious new sprout of spring. The fresh sharp points of green against dark soil and small patches of white snow are brilliant and magical. To satisfy my gardeners soul I look at images from last years soil.
Rosemary and thyme
Euphorbia and plum trees
The lovely and graceful blue flax
the front rock garden
The grey summer border.... I study last years images trying to remember where I tucked in the fall bulbs, what should be moved, what could be added. Now are the days of seed catalogs and ambitious ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment