Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Seedy Ideas

Mid-winter is a time for dreaming, the garden is buried deeply beneath the snow, and memories of the whats and wheres are a little dim. This is the time of year that I dig into the fresh seed catalogues that are filling my mailbox, I always do a nice big and juicy flower order to start it all off... I order my flowers from two different companies, Swallowtail Garden Seeds http://www.swallowtailgardenseeds.com/#gsc.tab=0 and Summerhill Seeds http://summerhillseeds.com/ both companies offer interesting and unique seeds, and my success rate has been high. So far I have only done my order from Swallowtail Gardens... here is a little preview of what I am hoping to grow this year...
Although the ground is currently buried under a heavy layer of mid-winter snow, I still enjoy looking at the remnants of last years garden, the snow is polluted with snowshoe hare tracks, the fat partridges are picking at stray seeds, and the chatter of the squirrels as they forage thru last years remains....

No comments:

Post a Comment